Female hair is a direct expression of her individuality and style. As per hairclub.com, throughout history, people have used the style of their hair to communicate messages about their health, wealth and status, frequently enhancing it with dyes, extensions, wigs and decorations. However extreme hair loss can be a difficult problem, usually start affecting self-esteem. Hair fall is one of the most common problems globally, affecting one-third of the population. However, if diagnosed right, you can manage hair fall with several home remedies that are natural and effective in saving your locks. However lets first understand the common causes of hair loss.
Fact: Everyone loses upto 100 hair strands each day.
Causes of Hair Fall
Nutritional deficiencies: It could be possible that necessary nutrients may be missing from your nutrition such as iron, copper, zinc and proteins.
Hormonal Imbalance: After some age level, generally 30+, women start experiencing hormonal imbalance that can cause hair loss.
Thyroid issues: If you do have a thyroid issue, you will notice other signs along with hair loss like weight gain or loss, sensitivity and changes in heart rate, etc.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): PCOS usually causes hair to grow on the face and body, while the hair on the head gets thinner. PCOS can also begin to ovulation problems, acne, and weight gain.
Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills can affect hair loss. The hormones in the pill that contains ovulation can cause hair to thin, and the situation can be worse in women with a family history of hair loss.
Stress: Extreme stress, anxiety or depression can cause sudden hair loss which could last for several months.
Hairstyling products: Overtreated hair can lead to hair loss due to the deadly chemicals found in dyes and styling products. Also using heat protector sprays, straighteners and blow dryers can lead to extra hair loss.
Home Remedies to control Hair Fall
Hair fall can make one super stressed as it starts affecting your overall looks and confidence. A regulated nutrition and hair care regime to manage hair fall is a long and dedicated process and require a long patience. However a regular follow up can make the things a lot better. So here are some natural remedies that you can add in your routine.
Here’s our list of solutions to help reduce or deal with hair loss naturally.
1) Diet and Exercise:
You need to maintain and provide your hair all the right nutrients, especially lots of proteins and iron. However, along with having a balanced diet you need to make sure you are exercising as well side by side. Yoga and meditation are useful in reducing hair fall. General daily habits like having breakfast on time, staying hydrated, including more cards in your diet can go a long way in preventing hair loss. Outer care is just as essential as inner care.
2) Egg mask:
Eggs are loaded with Sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which commonly helps in boosting hair growth.
To prepare the mask,
1. Part one egg white in a bowl and add a spoon each of olive oil and honey.
2. Whisk to make a paste and apply it all over from root to tips of your hair.
3. After 20 or 30 minutes, wash with a mild shampoo.
3) Coconut Milk to prevent hair fall:
The protein and necessary fats in coconut milk helps in better hair growth and thus reduces hair loss.
To make the milk,
1. Rub a medium-sized coconut and cook it in a pan for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Strain and let it cool.
3. Then add 1 tablespoon each of mashed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk.
4. Use on your scalp and hair.
5. After 20 to 30 minutes, clean with shampoo.
4) Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is a powerful home remedy for hair loss and to increase hair growth. It is also useful in overcoming problems of scalp like itching, dandruff and flaking.
1. Take the Aloe Vera and remove the pulp.
2. Use it to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 45 to 50 minutes.
3. Rinse with regular water. You can do this three to four times a week to see greater results.
To read more about the benefits of Aloe Vera you can read How to use aloe Vera to get glowing face and shiny hair?
5) Onion juice:
Onion juice is one of the best home remedies to control hair loss. The qualities of onions help work against scalp infections, while the sulfur content grows blood circulation to the hair follicles. Therefore it improves hair growth and controls loss of hair.
1. To pluck onion juice, crush the onion and then squeeze out the liquid.
2. Soak the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp.
3. Give it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using regular water and shampoo.
4. Follow this method once a week and see the difference.
Amla is an extra effective home remedy to prevent hair fall. One of the reasons of hair fall is the deficiency of vitamin C, therefore consuming Amla will increase the hair fall and help you to control it.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and the exfoliating qualities, Amla helps in encouraging faster growth of hair. It also keeps the scalp healthy and stops premature greying in hair.
1. You can mix lemon juice and the Amla powder to make a paste.
2. Massage to your scalp and hair.
3. Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t dry out.
4. Keep it for 60 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
7) Green tea:
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which helps in boosting hair growth as well as in preventing the hair loss.
1. Soak two or three teabags in one-two cups of warm water depending on the length of your hair.
2. When it cools, pour this over your scalp and hair, while smoothly massaging your head.
3. Wash with cool water after an hour.
As one gets older, it is common for one’s hair to lose strength and volume. In several cases, you can improve the overall strength of your hair using therapies and home remedies. Using prescription medicine, topical treatments and natural remedies can help you prevent or slow down hair loss. In some cases, treating an underlying condition will solve hair loss.
With these above natural and easy-to-prepare home remedies, you can improve your hair naturally and hopefully hair fall will be a lesser problem.