One of the best ways to delay skin ageing is by applying anti-ageing creams, especially after the age of 30, but do you know how to apply these wrinkle creams in the right way? The effectiveness of any face cream and especially an anti-ageing cream is depends on how it is applied. As you grow, your skin develops different needs and required a different care. So here are the 10 common mistakes you should avoid while applying these wonderful anti-ageing wrinkle creams.
- Mistake #1: Applying facial cream without cleaning your face or removing make-up is the no. 1 mistake that many of us do at times, especially when we are in hurry. Using the facial cream on a dirty face can actually worsen the situation. So better avoid.
- Mistake #2: Not applying sunscreen during the routine.
- Mistake #3: Placing too much product on your face. This actually makes the pores clog instead of absorbing the cream.
- Mistake #4: Putting the moisturizing cream around the eyes. Well, the skin is much more delicate there and must be cared for with a special cream for the contour.
- Mistake #5: Choosing a cream only because of its price, packaging, or recommendation. Remember that each skin is different and you must find the ideal one for you.
- Mistake #6: Rubbing the skin too hard while applying the cream. In fact what is needed is just a relaxing massage.
- Mistake #7: Forgetting to apply the cream on the neck, a vital part!
- Mistake #8: Not following a daily routine and applying the cream on a random basis. This will make your skin not stay in good condition and you will not be able to visualize the results of the product.
- Mistake #9: Forgetting about the rest of the skin care products. It is not only about using anti-ageing creams, but also protective, tonic, moisturizing, and contouring. Your skin needs a balanced approach.
- Mistake #10: Not following the manufacturer’s instructions for each cosmetic and treating each cream in similar manner and dose.
If you’ve made any of these mistakes, it’s time for you to change to see the improved benefits!
So what’s the best way to apply an anti-ageing cream?
The anti-ageing cream is not an ordinary cream and is not equal to your sunscreen or your moisturizer; this gives it a special way to be applied:
- Clean your face very well. Take some anti-ageing cream following the quantity instructions.
- The wrinkles on the forehead are horizontal. So you should apply them with gentle upward and vertical massages, taking the top of your nose or between the eyebrows as the starting point.
- For cheekbones and chin, the movements should be spiral. While for wrinkles on the lips they should be outward, that is, from the center of the lips to the outer sides.
- Let the product absorb well and don’t forget your moisturizer.
- Avoid sudden movements or hard rubbing and always take into account the amount dictated by the container, this is very important.
- The wrinkles make your neck look much wider and shorter. So, here the movements must be downwards because the wrinkles in this area are horizontal. Apply your cream from the double chin to the neckline, in vertical movements but never upwards, but rather downwards.
Also Read Customized Skin Care Routine for Aging skin.
FAQs related to the anti-aging cream:
Q1: What anti-ageing cream do I need?
More than the type of cream you need, the most important thing is that you use it daily. Keep in mind that if you have mature skin that needs hydration, you should apply your cream every day once or twice to improve the quality of your skin.
Look for active ingredients such as:
- Vitamin a, c, and e
- Hyaluronic acid
- Coenzyme q10
- Some aha, such as glycolic acid, with high moisturizing and rejuvenating power.
It is also very important that you know that creams will always be more hydrating than a serum or emulsion. Creams contain a higher concentration of fatty components.
Q2: What is the ideal age to start using anti-ageing creams?
You know that the secret to maintaining a radiant and healthy face is to take care of the skin daily, never forgetting cleanliness. So, at what age should you start taking care of yourself using anti-ageing creams? Well, there is no magic number; it all depends on the type of skin and its hydration and nutrition needs. But it is indeed at puberty, with the first significant changes in the skin, when you have to start paying special attention to facial care. At this stage, the use of serums and moisturizers and regulating products is recommended.
From the age of 25, it is convenient to also include nourishing anti-ageing creams in daily protocols. And you will think: Does a 25-year-old skin need an anti-ageing cream? The answer is, yes! It is more difficult to reverse a sagging tissue. It’s always more difficult to regain from a dehydrated skin than to maintain the structure, density, and natural hydration of the skin. Prevention is always a good decision!
With early prevention care, formulated specific products, and regularity, you will have much better results on any type of skin.
Q3: How to apply an anti-ageing cream?
We always recommend that you apply anti-ageing creams at least twice a day until you see that your skin looks better. Later you can apply them only at night and leave a serum and your usual sunscreen for the day.
The way to apply it is always energetic, with gentle outward and upward massages. You can also add stimulating maneuvers such as fast tapping with your fingers. These types of maneuvers will help especially to awaken your support fibers and thus improve or prevent sagging.
Q4: Where does moisturizing cosmetics work?
Cosmetics in general act on the most superficial layer of the skin called the epidermis. This layer fulfills a great function by acting as a protective barrier against climatic, and, microorganisms. For this reason, the integrity of its structure is very important, which is due to proper hydration.
Q5: How the epidermis works?
We will tell you how this wonderful natural mechanism works:
In our skin, on the one hand, are the skin cells par excellence, called keratinocytes. It dies and move to the surface of the skin, flattened, forming a true protective wall.
And on the other hand, there is the presence of the so-called “natural skin cosmetic” or epicutaneous mantle. It is made up of oil from the sebaceous gland, water from sweating, and the rest of dead cells.
These two structures are the ones that give a natural protection to the skin. So, it is where cosmetics should act since any deficit in this area affects its natural protection.
Q6: Why are there more wrinkles in the eye area?
The eye area is the one that suffers the most with aging, through the appearance of dark circles, bags, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. This is because the skin in this region is very thin, sensitive and does not have as much protection as other parts of the face.
Also, the eyelid muscle makes a lot of force to perform quick and involuntary movements, such as blinking. In this way, it is also responsible for marking the skin with wrinkles and expression lines.
Q7: Do anti-wrinkle creams work?
Although there are many different types of anti-ageing or anti-wrinkle facial creams, the purpose of all of them is to protect your skin in different ways. So that it can avoid and correct wrinkles, hydrate them, protect them from the sun, and more.
Many women buy anti-wrinkle creams and even use them without believing too much that they will work. After all, different products appear every day, offering so many benefits, you will always be suspicious. But not quite. In recent years, anti-aging products have evolved a lot and give real results faster and faster. In the past 10 years, we have never had so much variety and effectiveness in anti-wrinkle products.
Do they work? Of course yes. But you must keep your expectations in limit.